Sunday 28 July 2013

Yet Another Long Weekend!

David and I had another three day, long weekend.

Friday was filled with chores like shopping and going to the dentist. We had Rentokil out first thing in the morning and found that we have woodworm in the new house! The bathroom will have to have new floorboards! I am not best chuffed! At this rate we will never move in!!

Saturday we went to my favourite garden centre, Lady Green and spent £25 on flowers! I got lots of herbs for the new garden. Amongst the flowers I captured a small tortoiseshell butterfly.

DSC06664

Saturday afternoon, David and I spent 5/6 hours building the garden wall. My wrist aches with mixing sand and cement. I even caught the sun on my chest and shoulders and I was not even in the sun!! The only consolation was that a nice Saffron curry was awaiting the end of the day and we saw a Comma butterfly, though it flew away before I could take a picture! This summer really has been the best for butterflies!

Sunday was a bit of a wash out! With thunder and torrential downpours, so the garden will have to wait for another sunny day (that's if we have another?)


The bird feeders have been busy this weekend, with not only Pigeons and Starlings visiting but at one stage there were 15 Goldfinches, five were babies and four, yes four House Sparrows, three male and one female!

No comments:

Post a Comment