Friday 12 July 2013

Mmmm Man of Steel and Mexican Cooking..

Friday was another of my days off work. This week I have worked a full four days at the hospital! The 'heat wave' has continued to bless us with high temperatures, in the mid 20 degrees (although it was a bit too humid by far!)

After the success of last weeks BBQ (these BBQs are costing me a fortune!) another family BBQ is planned for tomorrow!

DSC06380DSC06407



For last weeks BBQ I had vegetarian Mediterranean sausages swilled down with sparkling rose wine. This week I have got Quorn peppered steaks and to serve with salad and Pearl potatoes, swilled down with Merlot wine :p



Today was also David's day off work and after going to see Man of Steel at the Showcase cinema, (just to listen to Hans Zimmer's soundtrack!) David did some work on the house and I cooked a Mexican stew (which I saw on the Good Food website!) and substituted the chicken for Quorn chicken, added kidney beans and served with tortillas. Yummy!
DSC06480

No comments:

Post a Comment